Your privacy is our priority.
Effective: February 26, 2024
Point Breeze Credit Union is committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with an easy, reliable experience on our website and while using our online services.
What This Statement Covers
This Online Privacy Statement describes how we handle user privacy when you visit or use Point Breeze Credit Union’s website located at www.pbcu.com, including its subpages (the “Site”), and when you access and use any of our mobile applications and/or online services (“Online Services”). The Online Services are subject to separate terms and conditions concerning the use of such Online Services. The terms “Point Breeze,” “we,” “us,” or “our” mean Point Breeze Credit Union. “You” means any individual who visits our Site and/or uses our Online Services.
By visiting and/or using our Site and/or any of our Online Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Online Privacy Statement and consent to the use of online tracking technologies as described below.
What This Statement Does Not Cover
This Online Privacy Statement does not apply to non-Point Breeze companies, such as our partners or any third-party websites that we link to through our Site or otherwise. Please review the privacy policies of other websites and services you visit to understand their privacy practices.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We collect information in a variety of contexts, including:
- Directly from you. We collect information directly from you, such as when you apply or register for our products and services, use our online banking services or mobile apps, communicate with us, respond to surveys, provide feedback, or enter contests or promotions.
- Automatically when you use our Online Services. We and others on our behalf may collect Device Data, Online/Mobile Activity Data, and other information automatically when you interact with us online.
This Online Privacy Statement applies to information we collect when you access and use our Site and/or our Online Services. We may combine that information with information we collect in other contexts, such as from our phone calls and emails with you, from third-party data sources, or from identity verification sources.
Types of Information Collected
Depending on how you interact online with us, we may collect various types of information. For example, when you sign up for or use a financial product or service online, we may collect:
- Contact or identity data, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, date of birth, government-issued identifier (e.g., Social Security number or driver’s license), citizenship, username and password, and other information that directly identifies you.
- Account-related data, such as member/account number, credit/debit card number, account history, account balances, loan details, vehicle or property information, information about beneficiaries and joint account holders, and other information related to your Point Breeze accounts, applications, or inquiries.
- Transaction data, such as credit/debit card purchases, payment or transaction history, transaction details when you transfer money to or from your Point Breeze account(s), and third-party billing information or statements.
- Demographic data, such as gender, marital status, age, household size/composition, education level, income, occupation, and employment status.
When you browse our website or use our mobile apps, we may also collect:
- Device data, such as your device type, web browser type and version, operating system type and version, photos (e.g., to deposit checks), internet protocol address, mobile network information, general location (e.g., city, state, or country), precise location (e.g., latitude/longitude to find a nearby Point Breeze location or ATM, or when entering/exiting a specific location), cookie IDs, mobile advertising IDs (e.g., Apple’s IDFA or Google’s Advertising ID), and device IDs (collectively, “Device Data”). Some features in our mobile apps or Online Services may request access to data located on your device, including biometric, camera, contacts, or location data. You will be prompted to allow access to this data, and if access is not allowed, the feature requiring such data may not be fully functional.
- Online/mobile activity data, such as login data, search history, information about how you use and interact with our Site and/or any of our Online Services or advertising (including content viewed, links clicked, and features used), when and how often you use our Site and/or any of our Online Services, referrer URL, and crash reports (collectively, “Online/Mobile Activity Data”).
- Marketing data, such as your marketing preferences, information about products or services we think you might like, and inferences based on your interactions with us or our partners (e.g., Online/Mobile Activity Data used for targeted advertising).
- Communications data, such as your communication preferences and details or the content of your communications with us (e.g., email messages).
- Survey and research data, such as your responses to questionnaires, surveys, requests for feedback, and research activities.
When you use our mobile apps, our marketing tools may also collect the following information to provide appropriate marketing messages even when the app is closed or not in use:
- Location. Your location is used to provide location-based messages and interactions.
- User ID. A random User ID is generated upon initial app access, which is later used during every marketing tool interaction. This User ID is unique for each device and changes every time the application is re-reinstalled. It is used to identify you and send marketing messages.
- Product Interaction. Our marketing tool tracks your application entry, exit, and pages viewed within the application.
- Name. Our marketing tool collects your first name for product personalization purposes.
If you disclose any information relating to other people to us or to our service providers when you visit or use our Site and/or any of our Online Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Online Privacy Statement.
Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
We and third-party providers acting on our behalf use a variety of online tools and technologies to collect information when you visit or use our Site and/or any of our Online Services, including Device Data and Mobile/Online Activity Data. For example, we use these tools to collect information for debugging, fraud prevention, and other necessary purposes. We also use these to conduct personalization, analytics, and targeted advertising on or through our Site and/or any of our Online Services. We may associate this tracking data with your Point Breeze account (if you have one). These tools include:
- Server logs. Server logs automatically record information and details about your online interactions with us. For example, server logs may record information about your visit to our Site on a particular time and day.
Point Breeze Credit Union does not control the privacy policies followed by our partners or how they collect and use information. These companies are prohibited from using the information they gather for their own purposes and from sharing this information with others. Should you wish to opt out of receiving targeted ads, please visit networkadvertising.org/choices to opt out or learn more.
Using Your Personal Information
We use information for various purposes depending on how you interact with us. For example, we may use your information for providing, maintaining, and servicing your accounts; processing transactions and or payments; verifying your identity; detecting and preventing fraud; protecting against security risks; advertising and marketing; conducting analytics and research; improving our products and services; and carrying out legal and business purposes. Our Privacy Notice provides additional information about how we share information we obtain when offering financial products and services.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share information with service providers with whom we work, such as data processors and companies that help us market products and services to you. When permitted or required by law, we may share information with additional third parties for purposes including response to legal process. Our Privacy Notice provides additional information about how we share information we obtain when offering financial products and services.
Keeping Information Secure
We have an information security program that includes measures to protect information within our credit union. Please notify us immediately if you believe that the security of any data that we hold about you has been compromised. Visit our Security Center for more information and tips on how to protect against fraud and identity theft.
Point Breeze will never request sensitive account information through unsolicited phone calls, email messages, or text messages. If you receive an unsolicited phone call, email message, or text message claiming to be from Point Breeze Credit Union or any other group requesting that you provide your account number, Social Security number, personal identification number (PIN), password, or other confidential information, please do not divulge any information or click on any links. Report any suspected fraudulent activity to the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our rights and agreements.
Our Online Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. We also do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 through our Site and/or any of our Online Services, and request that children do not provide information to us through our Site and/or any of our Online Services.
Point Breeze Credit Union has official pages on social media services such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube. Any posts you make on our official social media pages — including posts that contain pictures, comments, suggestions, opinions, complaints, or personal information — are available to others who use those pages. Never include sensitive personal, financial, or other confidential information such as your Social Security number, account number, phone number, mailing address, or email address when posting or commenting online. Please refer to the privacy policies of the social media companies hosting social media pages when you interact with them online.
Updates to This Online Privacy Statement
We may make changes to this Online Privacy Statement from time to time. The “Effective Date” at the top of this page shows when this Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post a revised version of this Statement on our Site. Your use of our Site and/or any of our Online Services are subject to the terms in the version of this Online Privacy Statement that is posted on our Site at the time of your visit. We encourage you to review this Statement periodically to remain informed about how we handle user privacy.
If you have questions about this Online Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, please contact us.